Trump Walked Off of an Interview After a Question About Racism
Donald Trump on Thursday cut an interview short with an Ohio journalist after the correspondent asked him to address criticism that he’s racist and sexist.
The Republican nominee quietly thanked NBC 4’s Colleen Marshall and began to walk away while she was halfway through asking him how he feels about being “labeled a racist” and “called a sexist” so close to Election Day.
When she proceeded to probe him for his response, he said: “I am the least racist person you’ve ever met.”
Trump had been discussing an array of topics with Marshall, including his claims that the election is rigged and Republican leaders who have withdrawn their support from him, for about three minutes before she brought up the apparently sensitive issue.
If Trump can’t answer a simple question from a reporter without losing his temper, how can we expect him to react when dealing with adversarial foreign leaders?
Trump claimed he was the least racist person ever, and we might be inclined to believe him if it wasn’t for the racist things he has said over the course of his campaign.
So far we’ve cataloged over 115 instances of Trump making a racist comments or claims. Some of them include:
- Donald Trump was the leader of the “birther” conspiracy theory movement, which was a racist attempt to delegitimize America’s first African-American president.
- As House Speaker Paul Ryan explained, Donald Trump’s remarks saying a judge presiding over a lawsuit involving his scam of a university was biased solely because of his Mexican heritage is “the textbook definition of a racist comment.”
- Trump tweeted wildly racist and inaccurate stats about murders by race in the United States.
- Trump retweeted the same white supremacist not once, but twice.
- The Trump campaign had 3 known white supremacists as delegates to the Republican National Convention to represent Trump, William Johnson, Guy St. Onge, and Lori Gayne whose Twitter handle was “whitepride”.
Looks like things got hairy at the end of this Trump local interview. He just walks away:
— andrew kaczynski (@KFILE) October 20, 2016